Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Dangerous Subversives

Olberman's worst person in the world, 04.08.08:

Illinois State Representative Monique Davis, challenging an atheist on the witness stand during a committee hearing:

"What you have to spew and spread is extremely dangerous . . . it's dangerous for our children to even know that your philosophy exists! This is the Land of Lincoln where people believe in God. Get out of that seat . . . You have no right to be here! We believe in something. You believe in destroying! You believe in destroying what this state was built upon."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-change_atheist_bd06apr06,0,1260452.story

1 comment:

DixieChick said...

Wow. That is insane. And here I was thinking that the US was built on the separation of church and state. Hmm..was I ever wrong. Does this mean I have to join in on the "triple hallelujah" at commencement too now? After all, we are a state school, so we are founded on whatever Mrs. Representative believes in...