I've always been a big believer in being mobile, being opening to moving to new places. Wanting to live in one city/town your whole life seemed so perverse and backwards.
Having actually moved out of state of couple times now, I sympathize with those I didn't understand. Leaving a place you've become accustomed to, and uprooting ties with people you actually relate to, it's all pretty melancholy. After moving the first time, I went through a sentimental phase of missing my hometown. Awhile back, I started missing Michigan. And now, I'm already getting melancholy thinking about what comes next... But that's still a ways off. Just being sentimental. :P
I have learned the value of maintaining old relationships and staying in touch with good friends. I'm still eager to live in new places, but I think someday, when my wife and I find a place we can call home, I'll be a settled townie like all the rest.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment